Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Changes In Hearts and Deeper Bonds

It's the little things I think that you notice more with yourself and your other fur babies as you progress through the grieving process. It makes tighter bonds between us all. 

We all are missing him. you don't always realize what amazing things they bring to your life until they leave us. 

As a little family here still in the RV, we have grown closer and changes have slowly been happening in our desires to be closer. 

I think perhaps the most profound small change I have seen and been so blessed to experience is with Abby. See, Abby loves everyone, she loves attention, loves to be talked to, played with and interacting with everyone she meets with a smile. But she has never been comfortable being held or cuddled. She gets very anxious being cuddled or having her feet touched. But over the last week, this is changing. she is learning to snuggle up with me in bed now at night a few times. She is learning to snuggle as Brody would snuggle with me. Up against my chest, under my chin sharing my pillow. While this has been bittersweet for me, it has also been comforting I think to us both. It isn't for the whole night, but for short time periods, maybe an hour or more. It is happening more often now. 

This has brought us much closer and we communicate on a whole other level now. Much is said through our eyes, no words needed. The loss of a very bright spot in our lives is also helping Abby trust more now and find new comforts and experiences. Perhaps this is a step in her healing from the horrible life she had her first 7 years. 

It's a small change, but its growth and it is a very profound change for her. I am so proud of her, and her journey of healing inside. I just love her to pieces, and pray all the time that she and I will have many more years together. There is not anything I would not do for my companions. They give me so very much. 

Even the cats are closer to me and Abby, it is quite the furry pile in bed at nights. And I feel in my heart that the new puppy that will enter our lives in a few weeks will help us all smile more and laugh a lot. Abby kinda needs a new kid to worry over and mother and a companion for her during the days while I work. Overall, in my heart I know the little soul has chosen us to share life and lessons with. So I am looking forward to her arrival. Hoping though that I will either be in my new home or be in one very shortly. 

This has been quite the journey, not one I would ever willingly take again, but it has opened so many new things, healing, love, bonding and hope.

0 comments:

Post a Comment